Many products are exposed to environmental influences like vibrations and mechanical impact during their transport or operation. Very often they must also withstand thermal influences, humidity or excessive sun exposure.
Through simulation of changing environmental conditions CTC advanced´s environmental test lab can examine whether components of all kinds meet the necessary conformity requirements regarding safety and working conditions. Environmental tests can be carried out on nearly every industrial material and are important to companies across all sectors, whether Automotive, Medical, Consumer Electronics or Household appliances.
In the following sections you will find an overview of our test services.
Further test methods are available on request. Please do not hesitate to contact us and we will bring you in touch with our experts in the field of environmental simulation.
We offer climatic tests according the following standards:
- DIN EN IEC 60068-2-1
- DIN EN IEC 60068-2-2
- DIN EN IEC 60068-2-14
- DIN EN IEC 60068-2-30
- DIN EN IEC 60068-2-38
- DIN EN IEC 60068-2-41
- DIN EN IEC 60068-2-48
- DIN EN IEC 60068-2-78
- DIN ISO 16750-4
Here you will find an overview of our climate chambers with various sizes and temperature ranges –
suitable for the testing of electronic components, devices and systems:
- Test chambers up to 1600 x 2130 x 2100 mm
- Temperature range: -70 °C up to +300 °C
- Thermal shock testing: -75 °C up to 200 °C
- Temperature changing rates up to 10 k/min normal, <10s under shock condition
- Humidity 10 % to 95 % RH
- Tests under inerting gas atmosphere
- Dewing test
Climatic tests according to the following standards:
- DIN EN IEC 60068-2-6
- DIN EN IEC 60068-2-64
- DIN EN IEC 60068-2-27
- DIN EN IEC 60068-2-29
- DIN EN IEC 60068-2-57
- DIN EN IEC 60068-2-80
- DIN ISO 16750-3
Upgrade from 2020-01-01 to a 300kN Shaker and a 3D Shaker
Our various shakers from 0,9 up to 111 kN Output are able to test appliances with a testing mass up to 1600 kg
- Displacement up to 3 inches
- Testing mass of max 1600 kg
- Slip table
- Sinus up to 220 g (pk)
- Random Vibration up to 180 g (rms)
- Shock up to 500 g
- Boosted Head-Expander
The following scope of tests is feasible:
- sine over random
- random over random
- shock response spectrum (SRS shock)
- resonance analysis
- real time profiles
The crash and shock bench is integrated in a protected area and can be used universally. Test samples up to 600 kg can be crashed at a speed of up to 70 km/h, 70 times gravity.
Besides real crash tests we can perform defined acceleration in positive and negative direction.
- High velocity shock up to 70 km/h
- Testing mass up to 600 kg
- Sled size: 1200 x 1200 mm
- Max. force: 900 kN
- Max. acceleration: 70 g
- Max. stroke: 1100 mm
- Crash block: 8 t
In the walk-in salt spray chamber the corrosion behavior due to the exposure of salt air, salt fog or salt spray can be simulated in fast motion:
- Chamber base area: 3 x 2 m
- Floor load: up to 1000 kg/m²
Corrosion tests according to DIN EN ISO 9227, DIN EN IEC 60068-2-11, DIN EN IEC 60068-2-52 and ASTM B 117 / etc.
This test procedure enables the simulation of aircraft transportations under negative pressure conditions. Aerospace applications can be tested as well.
- The chamber generates a low pressure up to 10kPa (absolute)
- Temperature up to 200° C
- Appropriate for sample sizes up to 2000 x 1500 x 500 mm and a testing mass of up to 500 kg
- Altitude Tests according to DIN EN IEC 60068-2-13 / DIN EN IEC 60068-2-41 / etc.
Test results which occur during crash, shock or vibration tests and cannot be perceived by the human eye, but can be recorded through a high-speed camera:
- 2500 fps (frames per second) in Full HD (1920 x 1080)
- 5300 fps in HD Ready (1280 x 720)
- 10000 fps in 640 x 480
- measurements can be taken up to 100kSa/s, image-synchronized as well
This is a procedure for classifying the degrees of protection provided by the enclosures of electrical equipment. Meaning an ingress of foreign objects, dust or water.
Testing of the protection against several kinds water exposure according current standards:
- IP code testing according to DIN EN 60529, IEC 60529 and ISO 20653
- IP X1 until X6K and IPX9K
- available space in IP test chamber: 2500 x 6000 mm
- samples up to 300 kg can be handled
- Turntable diameter: 1500 mm
Testing of the protection against dust according current standards with several types of dust:
- Talcum dust
- Arizona dust (fine or coarse)
- internal dimension 1100 x 1200 x 900 mm
- max load 300 kg
Sun simulation tests according to:
- DIN EN IEC 60068-2-5
- DIN 75220
- ISO 4892-1
- ISO 4892-2
- ISO 4892-3
- VW PV 3930
- VW PV 3929
- SAE J2527
- SAE J2412
- ASTM G155 etc.
- Outdoor and indoor exposure
- Temperature range: -40 to 100°C
- Load capacity: 100 kg
- Front- & backspray / humidity
- Chemical tests according to DIN EN 60068-2-74 / DIN ISO 16750-5 / VW 80000 / etc.
- Application methods: Spraying / Brushing / Wiping / Pouring / Dipping / Immersing
- Tailoring according to DIN EN 60068-1
- Consulting in life time, functional tests, etc.
- Development of individual test plans and specifications