Soon there will be some major changes in the Mexican approval system.
On June 27th, 2022, a new homologation procedure will come into effect including the below changes:
- The prices will change (unknown at this moment).
- The applicant/certificate holder must be the real distributor of the equipment. A Local Representative (LR) service for Mexico cannot be offered anymore.
- A new entity called ‘Verification Unit (Unidad De Verificación)’ will randomly check the warehouse of the certificate holder to verify the labels and the validity of the certificates.
- The certificate will be valid for 2 years, but subject to an Expert Opinion before the expiry date.
- Family approval is not possible anymore. Each model must be homologated separately.
- The User Manual must be an End User Manual (including all technical data related to the device) in Spanish. A Quick Start Guide e.g. will not be accepted as User Manual.
The Mexican authority will only publish an official document for the new procedure on the same date on which it will come into effect – June 27th, 2022.
We will constantly keep you up to date in our area for International Type Approval of Mexico